30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Flea Market Finds #58: A Little Bit of Everything

When:  Sunday, March 23rd
Where:  Capitol Flea Market
What:  A Bobble, a Figure, a DVD, and a Sports Card Album
How Much?:  $19

I'm so bummed.  I just woke up to the pitter-patter of rain drops hitting my roof... which means that there's probably nobody setting up at the flea market today.  I guess it's a good time for me to share last week's purchases.

Purchase #1:  Sports Card Album $15


I figured out that most of my readers collect baseball cards, so over the years I've adapted my blog to fit the audience.  But it should be noted that I love watching football and enjoy collecting football cards too.

Last weekend, my buddy and I stumbled across a new guy with collectibles.  While Mike was working out a price for a Joe Montana autographed mini-helmet, I noticed this four-pocket mini album.  The two cards that stood out were rookie cards of Bobby Mitchell and Earl Campbell:


There were also a bunch of football inserts from the 90's:


A pair of Shaquille O'neal rookie cards...


And a cool Michael Jordan parallel for my collection:


The guy mentioned that this card used to be pretty valuable and it books pretty high.  I don't really watch basketball anymore, but I'm always happy to add another Jordan to my collection.


Purchase #2:  2003 McFarlane Ichiro Suzuki Figure $1


I already own at least one of these figures... but for a buck, I just couldn't pass it up.


Purchase #3:  Cars DVD $1


Whenever I find cheap Disney DVD's, I'll usually pick them up for my summer school class.  This one isn't new and the outside package is pretty worn, but the disc itself is in great condition.


Purchase #4:  2002 Tsuyoshi Shinjo Bobble Head $2


My Japanese athlete shelf lacks variety.  It consists of four Ichiro bobbles/figures, a Hideo Nomo SLU, a trio of Japanese soccer player figurines, a Chunichi Dragons mascot figure, and a 442nd G.I. Joe action figure.  So if I have the opportunity to add something to the shelf and the price is right... I'll probably end up doing it... even if the bobble head features a San Francisco Giant.

Well... that's all folks.  I kept it under $20... so I'm pretty proud of myself.  I recently screwed up big time on an eBay purchase, so I need to save every penny I have.  Stay tuned for the details.

Wait... I can't hear the rain anymore.  I wonder if anyone decided to set up.  I guess we'll find out.

Happy Sunday and sayonara!

6 comments:

Daniel Wilson said...

I love you Flea Market Finds posts! Always a great variety of interesting stuff at great prices! Wish there were Flea Markets like this in my area.

Nick said...

That Ichiro bobblehead is spectacular. Those types of figures have never really been my scene, but I still would've been all over that for a buck.

Commishbob said...

You'll never hear me squawk about FB card posts. Love the two rookies. Boy that Bobby Mitchell card takes me back.

btw..... do you have a reserved spot at the flea market with your name on a sign and everything?

Eric Bracke said...

Good finds. I need to find a better flea market around here.

BobWalkthePlank said...

I like to throw in a little football too. Congrats on the finds!

Ana Lu said...

I was trying to get one of the Flying Jordan baseball cards but I was no lucky.