30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Friday, November 1, 2013

This Isn't A Trick...

And unfortunately... it's not a treat either.

After much deliberation, I've decided to end my monthly contests.  I'd like to call it a break... but I'm not 100% positive that I'll start them up again.


What's my problem?  Well... I have sort of been in a funk lately.  And it's left me feeling tired and lazy.  To be completely honest, it'll be nice to have one less item on my plate.


I'll still give away things from time to time, but it'll be more of a "reply to this post" sort of thing.  And who knows... maybe one day I'll bring it back.  Heck, maybe I'll go back to my "summer contest" format.


Until then... let's find out who won the last of my monthly contests.


Step One:  Choose a "post of the month" using random.org:



Yesterday's post on my 1986 Topps Tattoos wound up being October's Post of the Month and five people happened to leave comments:  Baseball Nut, Brad's BlogGreg Zakwin, Jafronius, and Play at the Plate.  Each of these guys received four additional entries.

Step Two:  Contest randomization.  After plugging everybodys name into the randomizer, Greg Zakwin was on top.



Congratulations Greg!  You've won the following lot of 90's inserts and parallels:


Greg - Please email me your mailing address and I'll get these out to you ASAP.

Everyone else - Thanks for participating!


Happy Friday and sayonara!

6 comments:

Commishbob said...

Fuji, thanks for running the contests for as long as you did. I certainly appreciated winning that one a few months ago. It's easy to find yourself with more commitments than time to fulfill them. I'm in the same boat.

Have a good weekend.

Fuji said...

Hey Commish... glad you were one of the winners. By the way... I received that amazing care package in the mail earlier this week. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw one of them. It's a card I've been wanting for awhile now. I'll write up a thank you post in the next few days and will definitely get some Orioles cards sent in your direction.

Greg Zakwin said...

Thanks Fuji! E-mail sent.

Ana Lu said...

I only went for one of the contests. But it's just fun reading and commenting on your blog without the contests. When you feel it is a good time to come back with more monthly contest we're all here to run for it ;)
Keep posting and having fun that's the important thing.

Fuji said...

Got it. I'll get it shipped out early this week.

Fuji said...

Thanks! One of my favorite things about this blog is the correspondence between other collectors.