30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Monday, November 18, 2013

Cheap Cool Cards #38: 2013 Jose Fernandez (Marlins Team Issue)

It's a good thing that Thanksgiving break is just around the corner, because at the moment... my plate is overwhelmingly full and I can't remember the last time I've been so mentally exhausted.  I'm definitely looking forward to the nine day vacation, which should allow me to catch up on sleep, family bonding time, and of course hobby related items.

In the meantime, I apologize for the lack of commenting on all of your blogs, as well as on my own.  I try my best to keep up with the reading, but sometimes I'm only able to read 10 to 15 posts a night.

It's even affecting my blog posts.

I had planned on writing this post last week to honor Jose Fernandez and the announcement of his winning the National League Rookie of the Year Award.  Anyways... I'm a few days late.  But I thought I'd share this card of him, just in case other collectors out there might be interested in picking one up.

It's a 5x7 Florida Marlins team issue card inserted into their fan packs.


In other words... they're absolute, 100% free!  It doesn't get any cheaper than that.  All you have to do is send them an email requesting a fan pack at:  fanfeedback@marlins.com.

Now I can't guarantee that they're still handing these out, but I received mine in September, so I would assume they're still giving these away.

I hope all of you enjoyed your weekend.  Happy Monday and sayonara!

2 comments:

Play at the Plate said...

Fan packs are fun. I've gotten one from the Rangers before and it had some cool stuff in it.

Fuji said...

Yeah... some teams are more generous than others. Either way... it's hard to complain about freebies.