30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, November 2, 2013

Blog Trade #34: Chuck's Used Cards

I recently completed a blind trade with Chuck over at Chuck's Used Cards, who ended up sending me a smorgasbord of cardboard.  Here are a few of the cards that really stood out:


However my favorite in the lot was this 1973 Topps card of Mr. Hendrick:


Hendrick never played for the Oakland Athletics in 1973, but was part of the deal that brought Ray Fosse to the club.

Thanks for the trade Chuck!

Happy Saturday and sayonara!

7 comments:

Chuck's Used Cards said...

Glad you got the cards. I hope there was something you can use - or trade. I've set aside a few other cards earmarked for the West Coast. Arigato !

NPB Card Guy said...

Ahh, George Hendrick. He was one of the best offensive players on the Cardinals for a few years in the early 1980's. I used to wear my 1982 Cardinals champions shirt around my college campus in the mid 1980's and there was a guy who would always want to talk Cardinals baseball with me in the computer lab. I remember in the winter of 1984-85 he was lamenting to me how terrible it was that the Cardinals had traded away Hendrick - "What do they need with John Tudor?". Tudor then proceeded to go 21-8 with 1.93 ERA and 10 shutouts to lead the Cardinals to the World Series (where they painfully lost in 7). Never ran into that guy again.

Ana Lu said...

There are some MLS interesting cards. I've seen just a few. Is that an insert?

Fuji said...

Thanks for the trade!

Fuji said...

I remember that trade. Tudor was a beast that year.

Fuji said...

Hmmm... not sure. But it's a cool San Jose Clash card.

Greg Zakwin said...

Those A's unis are killer.