30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Friday, June 28, 2013

On-Card Autos + Fan Favorites = New Project


It seems like the majority of collectors aren't really into this year's Archives baseball.  Some people weren't happy with Topps' decision to use the 1972, 1982, 1985, and 1990 base card designs.  While others have complained about the flimsy card stock.

But I'm okay with being in the minority, because I'm a huge fan of this product.  The combination of current stars with retired stars on old Topps' designs is exactly what I'm into.  I'm a huge fan of the 1972 Topps baseball card design and although the other designs aren't exactly my favorites, they're not my least favorites either.

Unfortunately, I don't spend a lot of money on busting wax anymore.  So I'll probably end up purchasing a "master" set off of eBay as soon as I find one at a reasonable price.

In the meantime, I figured I'd work on the Fan Favorites autograph set.  There are 59 autographs in the set, including a very short printed Pele card.  Since I'm not in the position to spend hundreds of dollars on a single signature, I'll be going after the other 58 autographs instead.

Although there aren't any HOFers (at least I don't think there are) in the set, it contains plenty of big names from the 80's and 90's.

I currently have 32 of the 58 autographs in my possession.  Plus I've already put in my redemption request for the Dave Conception autograph.  And thanks to Matt over at Cardboard Conundrum, we've worked out a trade for his Mookie Wilson autograph.  In addition to those two cards, I recently won a pair of eBay auctions with six more autographs I need. 

That leaves me with 18 autographs to go.

Do you have any 2013 Topps Archives Fan Favorites autographs available for trade?

If so... I'm still looking for these:
BS Bret Saberhagen
BW Bob Welch
CF Chuck Finley
DM Denny McLain
DP Dave Parker
EB Ellis Burks
FL Fred Lynn
FM Fred McGriff
GG Gary Gaetti
GJ Gregg Jefferies
GN Graig Nettles
HJ Howard Johnson
JB Jesse Barfield
LB Larry Bowa
LM Lee May
LS Lee Smith
MG Mike Greenwell
MW Mookie Wilson (Incoming)
MWI Matt Williams

Happy Friday and sayonara!

5 comments:

Zippy Zappy said...

I don't have any to offer and I'm one of those people who doesn't like Archives at all but good luck Fuji.

Spiegel83 said...

If I pull the Matt Williams out of a pack, I will mail it to you immediately.

Greg Zakwin said...

Good luck on the set, can't wait to see it completed!

The Lost Collector said...

Good luck!

Eric Bracke said...

That's a cool project. Best of luck!