30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday Morning Soapbox: The MLB, NBA, NHL, and the NFL




Dear Major League Baseball,

I miss you!  Hurry up and come back to me!

-SadSomber SanJoseFuji






Dear National Basketball Association,

I'm officially breaking up with you.  Don't worry, I won't be throwing away our things.  In fact, I'll still collect Kobe Bryant relics and of course silently cheer for the Golden State Warriors.  Heck, I might even attend one of your games if you're giving away something cool.

But the fact is... we've been growing apart the past few years and I just haven't enjoyed your company like I did when we first met.  It was fun while it lasted and I wish you (especially the Warriors) the best of luck.  Hopefully... one day you'll avoid promoting "super teams" and bring a little "parity" into your life.  Then maybe... our lives will again cross paths.

Until then... sayonara sucka!

-StagnantSullen in San Jose





Dear National Hockey League,

I just broke up with the NBA and was hoping to spend more time with you.  But it looks like you're turning your back on me, when I need you the most.  What the heck am I going to do after the Super Bowl?

Please... please... please come back.  If you do, I promise that you'll never stand in the NBA's shadow again.

-Desperately Seeking Sharks in San Jose.





Dear National Football League,

Thank you for realizing you made a mistake.  As I tell my students, it's okay to make mistakes as long as you learn from them.  Your replacement officials may have cost my Packers a win, but in the end the real officials are back and that's what matters.

Our relationship truly makes me feel like I'm bipolar.  There are days, I wish we had more time to spend together... I mean, five months just doesn't feel like enough time.  Then again... football on Thursdays just doesn't feel right unless I'm sitting down stuffing my face with turducken surrounded by family.

But honestly... I can't complain.  Outside of the MLB you're the most dependable relationship I have in sports.  Thanks... and here's to the future!  Go PackersSeahawks!

-Satisfied San Jose Sybil

No comments: