30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Saturday Night Five: 2012 NFL Q&A

Today's post is all about the 2012 NFL season.  And to change gears a little, I figured I'd try a different blog format.

Instead of writing long winded paragraphs... today's post will be written as a Q&A session.  Ready?

1.  Who will you cheer for in week #3, when the Packers visit Seattle?  



I just love it when my two favorite teams face off.  And this year, the game should be awesome.  The Packers insane passing attack will go up against the Seahawks' underrated defense.  I'll probably wear my Favre jersey during the 1st half and my Largent jersey in the 2nd half.


2.  What's your biggest question mark for the Seattle Seahawks?  



It will be interesting to see if Marshawn Lynch can build on last year's successful season.  But I'm also interested in seeing if Russell Wilson can hold onto the starting quarterback job.


3.  What's your biggest question mark for the Green Bay Packers?  



How much were the Packers able to improve their defense this offseason?  It's no secret that they struggled last year and they definitely targeted defensive holes in this year's draft.  The question will be... did they fill those holes?


4.  What are your NFL Playoff Predictions?


AFC West - San Diego Chargers
AFC South - Houston Texans
AFC East - New England Patriots
AFC North - Baltimore Ravens
AFC Wild Cards - Pittsburgh SteelersDenver Broncos

NFC West - San Francisco 49ers
NFC South - New Orleans Saints
NFC East - Dallas Cowboys
NFC North - Green Bay Packers
NFC Wild Cards - Seattle SeahawksDetroit Lions


5.  Who takes home the Lombardi Trophy?  



I hate sounding like a "homer", but I've gotta go with the Green Bay Packers.  Aaron Rodgers and company have one of the most explosive offenses in the league.  And deep down inside, I think they've made improvements on the defensive side of the ball.  I mean... it can't get much worse than last year, when they went 15-1.

Here's my Super Bowl prediction:


Green Bay Packers 38
New England Patriots 24

Okay... it's your turn to step up to gridiron and answer my questions.  

Happy Saturday everyone and sayonara!

1 comment:

SpastikMooss said...

1. Who will you cheer for in week #3, when the Packers visit Seattle?

Seahawks 110%. They were my first "favorite" football team besides the Patriots thanks to Warren Moon, Ricky Watters, and Joey Galloway. And when they beat the Saints in the playoffs I fell in love with them all over again.

2. What's your biggest question mark for the Seattle Seahawks?

The wide receivers. Solid as Russell Wilson seems, can Sidney Rice and the ghost of Braylon Edwards do enough?

3. What's your biggest question mark for the Green Bay Packers?

Running game, particularly if Cedric Benson leads it.

4. What are your NFL Playoff Predictions?

AFC West Broncos
AFC South Texans
AFC East Patriots
AFC North Steelers
AFC Wild Cards Bengals and Titans

NFC West 49ers
NFC South Falcons
NFC East Cowboys
NFC North Packers
NFC Wild Cards Panthers and Bears

5. Who takes home the Lombardi Trophy?
Packers over Texans