30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Thursday, April 12, 2012

PC Spotlight #18: Douglas Murray Rookie Cards


My last two San Jose Sharks posts were immediately followed by victories... so I figured I'd send them a little "mojo" (damn... I hate that hobby term) by showing off my Douglas "Crankshaft" Murray rookie card collection.

But before I show them off... I should give you a brief history lesson on why I collect Mr. Murray's cardboard.


For the past several years, Devin Setoguchi has been the focal point of my hockey card collection and my favorite player. Then last June my beloved San Jose Sharks shipped him off to The Land of 10,000 Lakes and left me scrambling to find a new favorite player.

Murray became that player, mainly because I like the way he plays the game. He's tough, determined, strong, energetic, big, physical, and active. Plus, I've had the pleasure of seeing him fight on multiple occasions and love that he's not afraid to drop the gloves.

I also like the fact that he's not a super star... although in San Jose, he's definitely becoming a fan favorite.

In fact, a quick search on Beckett reveals that he has no autographed cards or memorabilia cards, which I though was pretty cool. But he does have 9 rookie cards from 2005-06 products.

So without further adieu... here's my Crankshaft Rookie Card Collection:

2005-06 Artifacts #321

2005-06 Hot Prospects #162

2005-06 SP Authentic #277

2005-06 SP Game Used #231

2005-06 SPx #280

2005-06 Ultimate Collection #221

2005-06 Upper Deck Ice #223

2005-06 Upper Deck Rookie Update #169

2005-06 Upper Deck Trilogy #298

Just curious... outside of San Jose Sharks fans...

How many of you have even heard of Douglas Murray?

&

Who do you think will skate away carrying the Stanley Cup Trophy this year?

Okay... time to get ready for the game. I'm hoping the Sharks can continue this 4 game winning streak, and maybe... just maybe, they can leave Missouri with at least one win.

Happy Thursday... and sayonara!

3 comments:

Mariner1 said...

I love Dougie. He is a tough D-man but plays the game clean. He is my fav along with the Seattle boy in Patty Marleau.

I can't pick any other team to win the cup but my beloved Sharks. They looked great in the last few games coming into the playoffs. Let's hope the streak continues to 16 wins!!

Go Team Teal!!

hockey kazi said...

and hard to believe he's a Swede

Robert said...

Douglas Murray, as tough as they come...he would be welcome in the Royal Blue and White...

Stanley cup winner..after seeing what I've seen the past 2 days...New York Rangers.