30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Thursday, February 23, 2012

PC Addition: 1910 T107 Japan Coat of Arms

Recently, I picked up this 1910 T107 Japan Coat of Arms card off of eBay for $4.91:


The card is pretty beat up with rounded corners and a slight crease down the center... but regardless of condition, this card is an amazing addition to my collection. It's 102 years old and is officially the oldest piece of cardboard in my collection.


I'm a huge fan of the card design, because it reminds me of the 1911 T51 Murad College cards. Outside of the year and name of the set, I wasn't able to find any additional information on the set. Beckett doesn't list it in their database, but they sell for under $5 on eBay. I assume that these cards were inserted into Helmar cigarette packs.

I've been wanting to add another tobacco card to my collection for awhile... but it had to fit into my PC requirements. This card meets that criteria and will fit nicely into my Japanese Players PC.

I'm proud to be a Japanese-American, but the fact is... there aren't many Japanese-American professional athletes (LOL... no Jeremy Lin is not Japanese). Actually... this is a blessing in disguise... because the fewer athletes to choose from... the less I have to spend on pieces of cardboard.


Before I forget... A huge thank you goes out to Greg over at Plaschke Thy Sweater Is Argyle... who shared this card with me on Facebook. This card, which is displayed on my Japan PC shelf in my office will be a reminder of how grateful I am to be a part of this special blogger community. A community that is generous and willing to go out of their way to help each other out. Thanks Greg!

Happy Thursday everyone. Sayonara!

3 comments:

Greg Zakwin said...

Happy to pass along the link! And congrats on adding a beautiful card to your collection!

Play at the Plate said...

Nice get and nice going Greg.

Fuji said...

i just wish they made special holders for cards this size.

greg - thanks again!

patp - thanks!