30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Brett... what did I do to deserve this?



Sitting in the lunchroom today... I walked in on a conversation about Brett Favre. By now, I'm sure all of you have heard about ESPNChicago.com's report that Favre would consider listening to Chicago if they were interested in his services. Thankfully the Bears aren't interested, but that's not the point.

I'm not sure how I missed that news... maybe I was still recovering from the close game between the Giants and Packers... where Favre's successor... Mr. Rodgers calmly led the Packers down the field with under a minute to go. Which eventually led to Mason Crosby sealing the deal with a time expiring, game winning field goal.

Okay... I need to focus. Let's get back to Mr. Favre... who was my favorite football player for nearly two decades. What are you thinking buddy? Would you really be willing to play for the Chicago Bears? Do you hate the Green Bay Packers and their fans that much?

It can't be about money. And it's not about records... since you have most of them already. If this report is truly real... then I can only assume, it's out of spite.

But Brett, I assure you... you don't have to go there. Now that you're retired... I'm ready for you to have your jersey number retired in Green Bay. Just sit back, relax, and embrace all of your fans as one of the greatest Packers to step onto the Frozen Tundra.

Just promise me one thing... no more talk about coming out of retirement... and please accept the fact that Mr. Rodgers is the new kid in town.

There's enough room for both of you guys in the Packers Hall of Fame.


By the way... here's my latest addition to my Brett Favre PC. It's a mini helmet I purchased off of Brett's website: www.officialbrettfavre.com.


I've wanted an autographed mini-helmet for years, but could never afford one. Well... I'm not sure if he's trying to flood the market with his autographs, but he's been blowing out his autographs for a few months now... including these mini helmets. He's selling a bunch of autographed 8x10's for only $44.44. And this helmet was only $99.00 (+ $6 shipping).

Each of his autographs comes with a COA, matching holograms (one on the autographed item, the other on the COA), and a picture of him signing the item (probably not the exact item, but it's from the same signing).


Maybe he know's he's frustrated more than a handful of his loyal fans and is trying to win us back by selling us discounted autographs. It's okay Brett... I still love you. Now get out there, enjoy your retirement, and stop talking to ESPN.

Happy Tuesday everyone. I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their week. Sayonara!

2 comments:

Greg Zakwin said...

That mini helmet looks sweet! Nice addition!

Fuji said...

Greg - Thanks... btw, I received your trade package yesterday. I'll try to post our blog trade up sometime this week. Thanks again for the trade.