30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

My Favorite Player = The Hometown Hero

If you're a hockey fan... then you've probably already heard about the Sharks amazing comeback last night against the Kings at Staples Center.

It has to be one of the greatest games in the history of the San Jose Sharks franchise... and the sad thing is... I missed it. Well... not all of it. Just most of it.

I started watching the game on my laptop and saw the whole first period... and the beginning of the 2nd period. It had been a pretty long day... and I was exhausted. It didn't help that I watched the Kings play near perfect hockey the first period. During intermission... I muted my computer and in between dozing off and stressing over the game... I waited for the 2nd period to start... hoping for this miraculous comeback.

Well... within the first minute of the 2nd period, the Kings scored again. Words cannot express the frustration and anxiety I felt as the Kings took a 4 to 0 lead with nearly two whole periods to play.

So being the worst Sharks fan ever... I set my laptop aside... hit the mute button... and dozed off. Yep... I said it. I slept through the greatest comeback in Shark's playoff history.


When I woke up... my computer was asleep. I quickly headed over to nhl.com to see the final score and I couldn't believe my eyes. The Sharks had comeback and won the game 6 to 5... and my boy Devin Setoguchi score the overtime goal.


I couldn't write a better script to this fairy tale - classic game with an amazing come from behind win... on a goal by my favorite player. Simply perfect... and I'll say it again... I missed it.


Oh well... I could whine a little more... or I can watch different highlight reels and enjoy the victory. So please join me... as I watch Setoguchi's winning goal one more time, before I get ready for bed:


This series is a little closer than I would have liked and I'll admit... the Sharks haven't played their best hockey. I hope that Niemi can shake off those 8 goals he gave up in games 2 and 3.


On the flipside... I wonder how much the Sharks are in the heads of the Kings' players. Will they be able to comeback from that heartbreaking loss? What do you think?

Who's going to end up winning this series? How many games?

Well... time to go see if I can find a replay of this game online. Have a good evening everyone... Sayonara!

3 comments:

The Big Kahuna said...

Well I watched as my beloved Rangers had a 3-0 score. Then I watched them fall apart and give the win to the Capitals. But yeah.....SAN JOSE pulled a big one out and it was sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Anonymous said...

I do that too. Sometimes it just hurts to keep watching when your team is way down. Especially when your already tired.

Fuji said...

the big kahuna - yeah, that was a rough loss...I'll be pulling for your rangers to bounce back.

baseball cards rule - thanks... i needed that. most of my friends think that missing the amazing comeback was punishment enough ;-(