30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Blog Trade #9: Manupatches & Chrome Scratches


Last week, Eric over at Manupatches & Chrome Scratches contacted me about a couple of A's cards he had for trade. The first one is an on-card autograph of Greg Smith out of 2008 Sweet Spot baseball:

2008 Sweet Spot "Auto"

The second card he had for trade was a bat card of the #2 overall pick from the 1994 amateur draft. If you collected baseball in the mid 90's, then you know who I'm talking about. Mr. Ben Grieve:

2001 Private Stock "Game Gear- Bat"

Typically I wouldn't bother trading for either of these cards, since I have my share of Grieve cards already... and Smith only played with the A's for one season... in which he lost 16 games.

However... Eric wasn't looking for high demand trade bait... just some Royals cards for his personal collection. In short... I gave up my unwanted trade bait for two new additions to my A's PC. After thinking about it... it's what collecting is about. Trading cards to help each other's PC's.

Plus... he decided to throw in some cool extra's:


My favorite is definitely the 1991 Swell Baseball Greats Vida Blue card. I've never seen one of these before.

So if you have extra Kansas City Royals cards that you're looking to trade, I encourage you to contact Eric over at Manupatches & Chrome Scratches. He's an awesome trader... both generous and reliable.

Thanks for the successful trade Eric... I appreciate you reaching out and contacting me. Look forward to completing more trades in the future.

Sayonara!


No comments: