30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cheap Cool Cards #5: 1997 Revolution Silks

I love that you can pick up so many cool 90's inserts for the price of a sandwich at Subway. Sure there's nothing quite like a tasty Italian B.M.T. when you're hungry. However these silks are going to last a lot longer than 15 minutes.

In fact, these silks are tiny pieces of artwork. The first one I pulled was actually out of hockey and it's still in my possession. I came across both of these when I searched the term "silk" on COMC. The Favre set me back $4 and the Marino cost me $2.


Card: 1997 Revolution Silks #8 Brett Favre
Beckett Value: $8
eBay Price: $4.08 + $2 shipping (sold on 10/6/10)


Card: 1997 Revolution Silks #11 Dan Marino
Beckett Value: $8
eBay Price: $5 (buy it now price)

Kruk Cards has complete sets for sale on eBay for $49.99, but for that price I'll probably just build the set on my own.

So tonight's question of the day is... What your favorite subway sandwich?

Have a good evening.



3 comments:

(...Joe) said...

It's between the Meatball and the sweet onion chicken one. I'd rather just go to a real deli, but if I gotta, then it's usually one of those two.

TJ said...

I like ham on with lettuce, olives, cucumbers and mayo. Yum.

Fuji said...

(...Joe) - No doubt... a real deli sandwich trumps a Subway sandwich.