30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Sunday, September 12, 2010

It it Christmas already?

Remember that feeling you had as a kid when you just opened the final present... the big present... the one that your parents saved for last. It's the one you put at the top of you wish list... it's the one that made you the happiest kid in the world.


Well... that's the way I feel right now... because the Cowboys just lost to the Redskins. You're probably asking yourself... what's the big deal. The deal is... I can't stand the Cowboys. I've never liked them... and I never will. And honestly a Cowboys loss is almost as good as a Seahawks or Packers win.


Speaking of the Seahawks and the Packers... to make things even sweeter... both of my teams won today. For the past few months, I've heard over and over how the 49ers are going to win the NFC West. Well... that may be so, but today they had their tails handed to them by my Hawks.


It wasn't only that the Seahawks won... it's the fact that the 49ers lost. Ready for your history lesson of the day? I grew up surrounded by 49er fans. My whole family are Niner fans. As a kid... the 49ers dominated the NFL and that was very frustrating to me, because I had to be different. So much like the Cowboys... I hate the 49ers. With that being said... the Seahawks win was actually a two for one special.

On the other hand, the Packers almost let one slip away. Michael Vick single handedly brought the Eagles back to life... but came up 1 yard short. Whatever... I'm not going to let the Packers' defensive breakdown bring me down. A win is a win. The Packers & Aaron Rodgers are 1 and 0 and the Vikings & Brett Favre are 0 and 1.


Which brings up Mr. Favre. Anyone who knows me... knows that Brett Favre is my favorite player of all time. However... currently he's a Viking... and I'm a Packer Backer first.. and a Favre Fan second... so currently he's the enemy and I hope he throws plenty of 4th quarter interceptions.

After writing this post... I realize that there's a lot of negativity in it... and I apologize to my readers for showing you my dark side. If I could flip a switch and be rid of my hate for the Niners and Cowboys... I probably would. I'm not proud of it... but I am what I am.

So... let's go ahead and sum things up. I feel like a kid in a candy store, because:

a. The Vikings lost (on Thursday).
b. The Seahawks manhandled the 49ers.
c. The 49ers were spanked by the Hawks.
d. The Packers lucked out in Philly... but came away with a W.
e. The Cowboys made major mistakes that cost them big time... and in the end they lost.

In fact... I'm so happy... that I'm not even sad about the Padres loss to the Giants.

So here's today's question of the day (I actually think I've asked this before... but I'm on cloud 9 right now... so who cares): Are there any sports teams that you hate? If so, why?

When I say "hate"... I mean that you actually are happy when they lose.

7 comments:

SpastikMooss said...

Yankees (Central Massachusetts born and raised). As I grow older I grow tolerant of Bernie Williams, Mariano Rivera, and even a little bit Derek Jeter. But ARod sucks...screw Roger...Aaron Freakin' Boone...etc., etc.

I hate the Colts too. I used to just mildly dislike them due to my Patriots fanhood, but then I moved to Indiana and saw how people in this state drive...and heard some terribly racist Katrina comments on their talk radio around the Super Bowl...and so now I hate the Colts too.

I would say I extremely dislike the Lakers and Steelers as well. But that's mostly Kobe the Rapist, Llama Man, and the Machine (Lakers) and Ben Rapistberger and my Browns love (the Steelers). That said, I love D Fish, T Lue, Polamalu, Mendenhall, and other such guys. So I don't really hate those teams per say.

Martyn said...

Yeah, listened to the Seahawks game, and then the Cardinals @ Atlanta, Then caught the last minute of the Dallas game, a Holding penalty.

Man Utd, Just cannot stand them, they just get the rub of the green, the bounce of the ball, and they just make me sick, I've alway's said there's to good teams in Manchester, Manchester CIty & Man City Reserves.

Also Burnley being born in Blackburn, I was taken to Ewood from age 6, and loved it. Blackburn Burnley is Englands oldest derby and know as the "east Lancashire Derby" or "Cotton Mills Derby" due to the regions importance in the industrial revolution. Of course Rovers are the best.

Hairylemon said...

Southend United FC,being a Colchester United fan the hatred is instilled in us at a young age.
The Yankees and teams from the SEC this is because of their fans incessant bragging.

Dodgerbobble said...

Great Redskins win tonight. I hate the Cowboys with a passion. I've been a Redskins fan forever. Here in LA, there are so many Coyboys fans, I have to be careful what I say sometimes.


I hate the San Francisco Giants. I'm a Dodger fan, that's just the way it is.

I hate the Boston Celtics. I love the Lakers. The rivalry I grew up with in the 80's is back.

TJ said...

The only team in sports that I absolutely hate are the Jets. I can't stand Rex Ryan, and now that they have crybaby L.T. on the roster ( I can't stand that guy) I hate them even more! The Pats play them next week, so I'll be yelling and screaming at the TV for sure. Got Patriots!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the dark side, Fuji. You have embraced your hatred and it has given you great power. Together we will rule the universe! MWUAHAHAHA!!!!

OK...back to reality...

I hate the Reds. I didn't until Brandon Phillips ran his mouth, and Johnny Cueto broke Jason LaRue's face. But now I do. Other than the Reds, I don't hate anyone. There are teams I have no love for (Cubs), but I wouldn't go as far as saying I hate them. The Reds are the only team that hold that honor.

Fuji said...

Spastikmooss - I hate the Yankees too! and honestly... I'd hate the Lakers too... the problem is I've been a fan since the days of Showtime... but down inside I hate the fact that they buy championships.

Martyn - I've got to pick up soccer... between you, Hairylemon, and Gmoses... I feel like I'm falling behind the times.

Hairylemon - see my comments for Martyn

Dodgerbobble - I think we're long lost twins... I hate the Giants and the Celtics too... although I'm a Padres fan... not a Dodger fan.

TJ - Next week's game should be a good one... I'll be pulling for the Jets though.

82Redbirds - lol... you crack me up... thanks for catering to my love for SW.