30 Day Baseball Card Challenge

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I Love Acetate!



There's something about the 90's inserts craze that I miss. I loved all of it... Finest refractors, Hoops Skyview, and of course those SP Game Film cards. When I think of it, I think I loved all of those acetate cards of the 90's. That's why when I got a hold of this 96/97 Fleer Ultra "Starring Role" insert of Michael Jordan, I was pumped. In fact, I didn't believe it until it was actually in my hands. These insert cards were really hard to pull... they came out at a rate of 1 in every 288 hobby/retail pack and since there were 10 cards in the set that means that the odds of pulling the Jordan was 1 in every 2,880 packs. But, it's not the rarity that makes this card special... I liked it before I found out how tough they were to pull. I liked the fact that it has a great design, a nice picture, and it's made of the greatest material a card can be made of: ACETATE.

No comments: